Chug Wagon was formed to provide transportation for people to and from Bars and Restaurants in and around the Clayton, NY area. It was formed because there currently is no public transportation available in Clayton or within a radius of 15 miles. The Chug Wagon service is provided completely by volunteers in the local area and the business is 100% donation based. Please support Chug Wagon with your donations so we can continue to provide this valuable service to our friends and neighbors.
- Chug Wagon’s more formal name is WWCL, INC. DBA Chug Wagon
- It is a Not for Profit corporation registered with both the IRS and New York State
- We are a 501c-3 organization which allows donors to take tax deductions for any donations
- It is purely Volunteer based with no paid employees
- It is purely Donation based so please, if you value this service, please donate.
What geographic area will Chug Wagon cover?
For now, a radius of 9 miles from Clayton, covering from Foxy’s to the east, to Sunny Bank in the west and Depauville in the south. We also serve Wellesley Island.
How much does a ride cost?
Minimum donation of $10/person is needed
Are donations tax deductible?
Yes, WWCL, INC. DBA Chug Wagon (the parent company) is a 501c-3 and donations are tax deductible.
How do I donate?
There will multiple ways to donate but none of these fancy methods are operational yet. Right now, please just contact us!
- Visit the Donations page.
- In the vehicle: either by cash, check, Venmo or credit card. You will get a tax deductible receipt handed to you and/ or e-mailed to you.
- Call the Chug Wagon telephone number and the person who answers can take your credit card donation over the phone.
- Send a check to WWCL, INC. as a donation
Does Chug Wagon give rides to islands or boat rides?
Where do you provide rides to and from?
From homes to bars and restaurants, as well as from bar to bar and then to home.